Sunday, August 10, 2008

Quandong Swan Lake

As another pressie for Thinus' b-day, I got him some tickets to see Swan Lake. But not just any old Swan Lake, but the Quandong Chinese acrobatic troupe version! AMAZING!! That's all I can say! But first - a picture of the inside of the Royal Opera House...
So, as I was saying - absolutely amazing! They combine ballet with acrobatics, which means that nothing is limited in the traditional way! I reckon these people have jelly spines, judging by the way they could contort their bodies. A really exciting show, which culminated in the princess dancing on the head of the prince! Yup, you read right. She did a twirly circle on top of his head and she was not holding on to anything. Sadly I'd been told off trying to take the first lot of pictures, so this one I can't show you - but reckon the pic of her dancing on his shoulders is evidence enough!

No comments: