Friday, October 03, 2008

Deloitte manager away day

Once a year there is a manager away day in our department at work. This year we went to the Theobalds Park Hotel in Cheshunt, which is relatively close to Borehamwood. We arrived early on the Friday; the morning was spent holding meetings and workshops. The afternoon we had some fun and games.

In the red
team we have Andrew at the back (partner on 2 of my clients), and Joanne in the front, the yellow team had Jaco (on the right), and the rest are all part of the manager group of REHL, but I don't work with them on any of my audits.

I was part of the blue team (yay, one of my favourite colours).
We had to do things like find the right colour balls in a huge vat of foam and water, aptly called the washing machine. Other things involved getting huge soccer balls through a maze, relay games etc. etc...

Must say, I had much more fun that I thought I would! Just very cold by the end, considering we were all covered in foam and water by that point. The evening rounded off with a lovely dinner, karaoke and some dancing.

Just a pick of the place we stayed at - absolutely stunning, and wouldn't mind having our guest house look like this one day!

No comments: